This Friday, 28th of October 2022, several IREC research groups (Power Systems, Thermal Energy and Building Performance, and Energy Systems Analytics) together with UPC groups (ENMA and GRIC), have organized a dissemination session entitled “Pandèmies i esdeveniments extrems: aprenentatges i reptes” to conclude of the ComMit-20 project (Designing Resilient Communities to Mitigate Pandemic and Climate Change effects) at Aula Capella (ETSEIB, UPC Campus Sud, Barcelona). You may find the agenda of the session in the following document:
The ComMit-20 project (granted with Pandèmies-AGAUR) aims to establish long-term and short-term impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic and climate change effects regarding energy consumption changes in usage patterns and higher indoor environmental quality requirements in buildings.
The event invited other related projects within analogous scope, most of them awarded with a Pandèmies- AGAUR grant:
- Municipis resilients a les pandèmies mitjançant el nexe de l’agricultura de proximitat, energia, aigua i residus. Del pilot al municipi. Led by ICTA-UAB.
- Inclusiva, sostenible, saludable i resilient. La mobilitat i la ciutat en l escenari postpandemia. Led by ICTA-UAB.
- Urban water cycle Resilient To pAndemics (RITA). Led by LEQUIA-UdG.
- Optimal ventilation strategies for balancing Indoor Air Quality, comfort and energy use in EDUcational Buildings (IAQ4EDU). Led by GRIC-UPC.
- Smart ventilation to detect the level of purification of indoor air (VIDA). Led by B2Slab-CREB-UPC and AMPER S&C IoT.
- Nanohealth. Led by GRIC-UPC.
- Methane Interchange between air and soil over the Iberian Peninsula (MIP). Led by INTE-UPC.
- TraceRadon. Led by INTE-UPC.
The interdisciplinary nature of the Commit-20 project has prompted this conference with the multiple projects already named to give a broad and detailed overview of some of the situations we face due to climate change and the Covid-19 pandemic energetically.
The session begun with a presentation of the central outcomes from each participating project and the main conclusions. Afterwards, a dynamic activity conducted the session, in an interactive and constructive atmosphere to build synergies among the projects.
To conclude, Lluc Canals (UPC) and Albert Gili (IREC) have compiled the main highlights of the session, followed by a discussion of which future actions could be carried out according to the project’s philosophies.
Acknowledgements (in Catalan): L’Agència de Gestió d’Ajuts Universitaris i de Recerca (AGAUR) han atorgat una ajuda Pandèmies 2020 per aquest projecte “ComMit-20 – 2020PANDE00116” amb el suport de la Secretaria d’Universitats i Recerca del departament d’Empresa i Coneixement de la Generalitat de Catalunya.