IREC is involved in the fourth edition of #100científiques event led by the BIST and the Fundació Catalana per a la Recerca i la Innovació (FCRI), in collaboration with the Generalitat de Catalunya’s Department of Education to promote STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) vocations among girls and boys in 427 Catalan schools during the International Day of Women and Girls in Science. This year #100científiques has a total of 476 women researchers who will offer inspiring talks to 427 Catalan schools. The initiative aims to inspire them to pursue their dreams, highlight women’s scientific talent and innovation in Catalonia, and foster a network for women dedicated to research, innovation, design, management, and outreach in both public institutions and private companies.
The IREC’s women researchers that will participate in inspiring talks aimed at an audience from the 6th year in primary school to the 1st year in secondary school, to promote the scientific and technical vocations on February 11th in the #100científiques 2022 edition, within the framework ofthe International Day of Women and Girls in Science, are:
- Cristina Corchero, head of the Energy Systems Analytics research group, participates in an inspiring talk addressed at the IES L’Alzina (Molins de Rei – Barcelona), Providencia del Corazón de Jesús – Scala Dei (Barcelona) and Escola Cor de Maria Sabastida (Barcelona).
- Lucía Igualada, researcher in the Energy Systems Analytics group, participates in an inspiring talk addressed to Escola del Mar (Barcelona).
- Carolina Duque Sierra, researcher in the Nanoionics and Fuel Cells group, participates in an inspiring talk addressed at the IES Escola Amor de Dèu (Barcelona).
- Lucile Bernadet, researcher in the Nanoionics and Fuel Cells, participates in an inspiring talk at the Institut Escola Santa Anna (Barcelona).
- Paulina Martínez, researcher in the Functional Nanomaterials group, participates in an inspiring talk at the Escola Sant Josep (Barcelona).
- Maritta Lira, researcher in the Nanoionics and Fuel Cells group, , participates in an inspiring talk at the Escola Terra Nostra (Olost – Barcelona).
More information in the 100tífiques website.
Pictures of the activities of IREC’s Women Scientists related to the International Day of Women and Girls 2022: