Research groups of IREC have achieved the SGR distinction from AGAUR, in either stand-alone or joined initiatives. The aim of the SGR-Cat 2021 call is to provide transversal support to researchers at all stages of their scientific career and whatever their field of knowledge, with special emphasis on the identification of new researchers and empowering female leadership. This recognition should allow the SGR groups to strengthen their scientific, economic, and social impact, in addition to promoting their international projection.
The recognized groups at IREC are:
- MNT-Solar (2021 SGR 01286). Consolidated category. This is an interinstitutional group formed by IREC and UPC. Principal Investigator is Alejandro Pérez-Rodríguez, head of the Solar Energy Materials and Systems group.
- NANOEN (2021 SGR 00750). Consolidated category. Principal Investigator is Albert Tarancón, head of the Nanoionics and Fuel Cells group.
- M2E (2021 SGR 01581). Consolidated category. Principal Investigator is Joan Ramon Morante, head of the Energy Storage, Harvesting and Catalysis group. This is a joined initiative also involving the Functional Nanomaterials group.
- PS (2021 SGR 01418). Emerging category. Principal Investigator is José Luis Domínguez, head of the Power Systems group.
- ESA (2021 SGR 01541). Emerging category. Principal Investigator is Cristina Corchero, head of the Energy Systems Analytics group.
- EtiE (2021 SGR 01403). Emerging category. Principal Investigator is Joana Ortiz, deputy head of the Thermal Energy and Building Performance group.
This mention is valid from January 2022 to December 2024.